Monday, 12 November 2012

What I'm reading #2


For the scance I decided to type a random paragraph of Kevin Barry's City of Bohane into MS Word, to count the number of red lines that appeared beneath it, y'sketch?  

Eight.

Morto for Kevin in a writer's group - 'eh actually Kevin that's a noun you're using as a verb,' 'you're mis-attributing the characteristics of that adjective,' 'c'mon now Kevin that's not even a word.'

Dragging everyone down to the same mediocrity.  Th'fuck like?  Y'making a move?

The Gobus leaves from the quays, it costs from €10 so it's really very reasonable.  There's wi-fi.
Galway is not the last frontier but it's kinda fun to pretend it is.  Stop having so much fun Kevin Barry, it's unbecoming. 

But really I'm reading Kevin Barry for the style advise, skinheads, Mods, teddyboys and all roamin' the Bohane reefin' each other in the rain.  I was thinking about the film and who would direct it, then I realised it should be a musical.  Puts me in mind of West Side Story so it does, only Maria and Tony are in their fifties and Maria is cross-eyed hoor whose look only straightens when you put a length in her.

Oh sweet baba jay i'm only halfways through and it can only end one way.


No comments:

Post a Comment